Precautions For Using Electronic Balance
(1) Place the electronic balance on a stable workbench, avoid direct sunlight, away from heating and air conditioning, away from magnetic equipment, and avoid vibration, dust and corrosive gases.
(2) Check the levelness of the electronic balance before use. Adjust the leveling feet of the balance so that the blisters are in the center of the balance to ensure that the balance is level.
(3) When the electronic balance placed at a lower temperature is moved to a workshop with a higher temperature, the power supply should be cut off, and the power should be installed and connected after placing it for 2 hours. This is to allow the moisture generated by the temperature difference to escape, so as not to affect the instrument.
(4) Electric scale precision balances need to be warmed up for at least 30 minutes or 1 hour after first use or shutdown after a long period of time. The required warm-up time is different for different precision electronic balances. Generally, in this case, the higher the balance accuracy, the longer the warm-up time required. Only in this way can the electronic balance obtain accurate weighing results. Therefore, in daily experimental teaching, many students weigh directly after connecting the electronic balance to the power supply, and cannot obtain accurate weighing results.
(5) Keep the electronic balance working in a low current state. For example, do not unplug the power transformer during daily use, but only turn off the power switch of the electronic balance, so that after the electronic balance is turned on the next day, it can be weighed without having to warm up for a long time.
(6) Weigh volatile and corrosive items in a closed container to avoid corrosion and damage to the electronic balance. Do not overload the weighing object to avoid damage to the balance.
(7) For electronic balances that have not been used for a long time, they should be energized at regular intervals and preheated for 2 hours each time to keep the electronic components dry and ensure that the balance is always in good use.
Electronic balances have become standard equipment in many chemistry departments of high schools and universities. They enable users to quickly and accurately measure the mass of substances to an accuracy that cannot be achieved with traditional balances.
Electronic Balance suppliers remind everyone that electronic balances not only play an important role in chemical experiment teaching, but also play an important role in the production practice of other industries. Therefore, we should attach great importance to the correct use and daily maintenance of electronic balances.